4 bars of drum beats in 4 with open hi hats + 2 beat fills on 4th bar [Page 36 - Section 4]
In this series of 5 free PDF drum sheets, we will be covering content from section 1 to 5 of the full ebook, focusing on the topic of drum beats with open hi hats in 4/4 timing.
This is the 4th in the series of 5 free previews of the PDF ebook "Grades 1-2 Beats & Fills Drum Book - Unit 1 - Rock Pop Soul Funk".
This section is only a slight a variation on the previous. The drum fills now last for two beats, which means the 4th bar only has half a bar of the drum beat. This prepares the student for another real world example of a different length of fill within a drum beat phrase.
You'll need to be able to sight read these because they will be difficult to memorise. Feel free to try and memorise them if you have time, as this will also be good practice.
Here is a list of the 5 free sheets, released as a series of posts:
- Section 1 - 1 bar drum beats in 4 with open hi hats [Page 10]
- Section 2 - 2 bar drum beats in 4 with open hi hats [Page 19]
- Section 3 - 4 bars of drum beats in 4 with open hi hats + 1 beat fills on 4th bar [Page 28]
- Section 4 - 4 bars of drum beats in 4 with open hi hats + 2 beat fills on 4th bar [Page 36] ← You Are Here
- Section 5 - 3 bars of drum beats in 4 with open hi hats + 1 bar fills [Page 44]