Here is a list of dynamic markings you might encounter in drum sheet music. This list will be updated as more dynamic markings are thought of, and will start out as a basic list of fundamental dynamics notation.
- pp (pianissimo = very soft/quiet)
- p (piano = soft/quiet)
- mp (mezzo piano = medium quiet / medium soft)
- mf (mezzo forte = medium loud)
- f (forte = loud)
- ff (fortissimo = very loud)
- a wide version of this shape: < (crescendo = gradually getting louder)
- a wide version of this shape: > (diminuendo = gradually getting quieter)
- > these arrows above the notes are accents, which indicate that you play loud on this note only.